We can only keep this city moving forward, protect our health and safety, and resist corporate domination of our politics if enough of us join together. We are asking you to take sides--to join the RPA.
UNITY - One Richmond: African-American, Asian, Latino/a, Native Americans, white, united for the good of all.
DEMOCRACY- Government of, for, by the people; all the people, not just those rich enough to buy influence.
DIVERSITY - of ideas: Democrats, Greens, independents, or other. We sometimes disagree but respect each other enough to keep working for a better Richmond together.
WHAT RPA MEMBER VOLUNTEERS DO:
- participate in periodic RPA discussions and events of community interest;
- staff the office, make phone calls, meet in committees, arrange events and parties;
- work on campaigns of RPA-endorsed candidates for city council;
- engage with neighbors;
- help shape RPA and its priorities;
- join in support of other allied organizations working to make a difference in Richmond;
- read the newsletter at www.richmondprogressivealliance.net for what REALLY goes on in Richmond;
- eat; have fun.
Download the membership form and mail it in with dues.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the information requested on the form. And go to the RPA web page. Press the "Donate" button in the left column and make a dues contribution. An additional contribution is greatly appreciated and helps us keep dues low for those with low income.