Volunteer 52% or our
Richmond children are currently obese or overweight. This puts them
at higher risk for diabetes, high blood pressure and other illnesses.
Their futures are at risk. Each of us in Richmond - individuals,
organizations, faith-based communities, neighborhood councils, and
groups of friends - can join this campaign simply by deciding to
do something to respond to the epidemic of childhood obesity. There
are many strategies and actions that can be implemented -- from our
homes, from our neighborhoods, and from the entire city.
- Invite Dr. Ritterman and FIT for LIFE to speak at your
church or community group
- Distribute "YES on N" campaign cards to family,
friends and neighbors. Bring cards to PTA meetings, ‘Back to
School Nights', sports practice and games, and other venues
- DISPLAY a “YES on N” yard or window sign. Call in and
ask for one: 510-595-4661 or 510-412-2260: We’ll deliver it to
you or come to pick-up a sign at the Progressive Office:
Macdonald Ave (near Harbour) Mon - Fri: 2 - 6 PM, Sat: 10 AM -
- Print and Display a smaller
“YES on N” poster in your
organization’s office and/or home
- Wear a button in support of
"YES on N"
- Sign up for "YES on N" e-mails updates by
- Write a letter to the editor
- Come to FIT for LIFE meetings on Wednesdays at 3 PM,
at 1021 Macdonald Avenue
- Come to pick-up cards for distribution Saturday from 10 AM
to 2 PM and Monday to Friday from 2 PM - 6 PM at
1021 Macdonald Avenue, Richmond
- Call in and leave a message volunteering 510-595-4661 or 510-412-2260
to make phone calls, canvass your neighborhood, put up a signs
in support of Measure N, enter data and other needed tasks.